U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elaine Chao announced $32.9 million in airport infrastructure grants from the Department of Transportation to seven airports in Florida.
Here are the details:
- Immokalee Regional will receive $1.9 million to fund the extension of Taxiway C.
- Lakeland Linder International is getting $8.5 million to fund rehabilitation of Runway 9/27.
- Gainesville Regional will get $4 million to fund the expansion the airport terminal building.
- Melbourne International will receive $3 million to fund airport terminal building improvements.
- Punta Gorda will get $6 million to fund construction of an airport parking area.
- Northwest Florida Regional to get $3.5 million to fund rehabilitation of an airport parking area.
- Tampa International is getting $6 million to funds airport terminal building improvements.
The funding is part of a $485 million federal investment in America’s airports that Secretary Chao announced recently