Westgate Resorts has outlined plans for a $61.7 million investment in expanding 13 resorts, building new restaurant and entertainment amenities, additional villas, water parks and more.
The company says in a news release the planned projects include:
- A 20,000-sq. ft. retail center at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando that will include a Drafts Sports Bar & Grill, Westgate Marketplace & Deli and a shopping arcade; expected completion April 2017;
- 80 additional luxury villas in a new building at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa; expected completion June 2017;
- A 30,000-sq. ft. retail center at Westgate Town Center in Kissimmee that will include a shopping arcade, two dine-in restaurants and an upscale food court; expected completion summer 2017;
- A 3,600-sq. ft. meeting space at River Ranch Resort in River Ranch; expected completion in November, 2016;
- A water park, including a pool, lazy river attraction and splash bed at River Ranch Resort; expected completion fall 2017;
- Renovation of 120 units at Wakulla Suites in Cocoa Beach; expected completion by the end of 2017;
- Additional amenities at Wakulla Suites, including a lobby expansion and an elevated Beach Club deck, expected completion spring 2017; a water park, including a pool, lazy river attraction and splash bed, is scheduled for completion in fall 2017;
- A four-story building at Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier, featuring an Owners Club, pool and luxury villas; construction to begin in 2017 with an expected completion date of spring 2018
- A 7,800-sq. ft. Cocoa Beach Pier expansion, including additional retail and arcade areas; construction to begin in 2017 with expected completion in 2018
“Westgate is proud to call Central Florida our home, and our significant commitment to expanding our resorts in this area emphasizes our dedication to the local community and to the four million guests who visit a Westgate Resort each year,” said David Siegel, Westgate Resorts founder and CEO, in a prepared statement.
Westgate Resorts’ website has some information for potential vendors/contractors. Here is a link to the company’s vendor profile documentation.
Image: Westgate Resorts website