The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) announced the 2014 National Marketing Communications Awards (MCA) results.
This annual competition is the longest- standing awards program recognizing excellence in marketing and communications by professional services firms in the design and building industry. The SMPS Marketing Communications Awards recognize the individuals and teams who create outstanding communication vehicles for architectural, engineering, design, and construction firms.
This is the only awards program that highlights the critical role and immense value marketingprofessionals bring to the design and building industry, SMPS says in a news release. The award winners were announced and honored on July 31 in San Antonio as a part of Build Business, the SMPS Conference, held July 30 to Aug. 1.
The Best of Show Award, bestowed by a jury of national trade magazine editors and publishers, was awarded to MulvannyG2, Bellevue, WA, for its Specific Project Marketing entry, “Alaska Airlines North Satellite Traveler Experience.” Industry editors selected this entry as Best of Show because it had quantifiable results, was unique, innovative, and won the project! Jurors observed, “There was a good ratio between cost to produce the piece and the project won.” “This was a thorough and creative approach and execution.” “This entry was really well done.” “It was a great concept with easy to follow collateral.”
(Design and Construction Report publisher Mark Buckshon was one of the judges.)
The People’s Choice Award, voted on by the attendees of the SMPS conference, was awarded to WB Engineers+Consultants in New York, NY, for its Holiday Piece entry, “Thanksgiving Card.”
The first-place winning firms are presented by category below.
• Advertising: Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, MO
• Annual Report: O’Brien & Gere, Syracuse, NY
• Book/Monograph: Ennead Architects, New York, NY
• Brochure: EDI Landscape, LLC, Hartford, CT
• Corporate Identity: Bury, Austin, TX
• Direct-Mail Campaign: The Brand Constructors, New Orleans, LA
• Feature Writing: FINLEY Engineering Group, Inc., Tallahassee, FL
• Holiday Piece: orcutt | winslow, Phoenix, AZ
• Holiday Piece-Digital: Margulies Perruzzi Architects, Boston, MA
• Internal Communications: Burns & McDonnell, Kansas City, MO
• Magazine: Syska Hennessy Group, Inc., Fairfax, VA
• Magazine-Digital: Urban Engineers, Inc., Philadelphia, PA
• Media Relations Campaign: BRPH, Melbourne, FL
• Newsletter–External: SWCA Environmental Consultants, Phoenix, AZ
• Newsletter–Internal: JE Dunn Construction, Kansas City, MO
• Promotional Campaign: Bury, Austin, TX
• Recruitment & Retention Communications: Colab: The Lory Student Center Marketing Shop, Fort Collins, CO
• Social Media Campaign: Perkins+Will, New York, NY
• Special Event: LS3P, Charleston, SC
• Specific Project Marketing: MulvannyG2, Bellevue, WA
• Tradeshow Marketing: Barton Malow Company, Orlando, FL
• Video: Perkins+Will, New York, NY
• Web Site: PrimeraEngineerings Ltd., Chicago, IL
A full list of award winners is available at http://www.smps.org/MCA/.
After being displayed at the SMPS Conference, the winning entries will be sent to SMPS chapters and building industry events to help educate professional services marketers and the industry about the marketing trends and innovative tactics firms are using to differentiate themselves.
The 2015 MCA program will get underway in January, with a discounted entry deadline of March 2, 2015. Details will be available on the SMPS Web site in November at www.smps.org/MCA/. Judging will be held in Columbus in the spring, and winners will be announced during Build Business: Go Beyond, the SMPS Conference, August 19– August 21, in Los Angeles, CA. Both SMPS members.