Florida Construction News staff writer
The City of Sarasota is holding a virtual public input session Nov. 16 starting at 5:30 p.m., regarding a zoning text amendment to create three new mixed-use zone districts along commercial corridors and centers to incentivize on-site attainable housing.
Click the link to register for the Zoom meeting: https://sarasotafl-gov.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_DB4OOm0bSKGPR1rOYOVdWw
Urban mixed-use zone districts would allow the city to identify existing commercial corridors and centers for appropriate mixed-use development to encourage attainable housing. It’s founded upon the concepts of “new urbanism” in an effort to attract compact and diverse mixed-use developments that provide housing and workplaces within close proximity.
The meeting will cover the following topics:
- Comprehensive Plan vs. Zoning
- History of what the City Commission has already approved
- Proposed density bonus when attainable housing is provided on-site
- Development and design standards for mixed-use zone districts
- Development and design standards for commercial centers