The City of Orlando planning board has approved an extensive school/community development project of nearly 13 acres near the proposed $1 billion Creative Village, one of more than $560 million in planned Orange County Public Schools projects.
Tbe Orlando Business Journal reports that the approved development includes:
- A 115,500-sq. ft. K-8 classroom building
- An 87,000-sq. ft. parking garage
- A nearly 15,000-sq. ft. library and media building
- An 18,800-sq. ft. gymnasium
- A 27,000-sq. ft. cafeteria
- A 23,300-sq. ft. Boys and Girls Club
The proposed project will accommodate more than 1,200 students on a site between West Livingston St. and North Parramore Ave.
Earlier reports put the school’s value at $41.3 million. The architecture team is Baker Barrios and HKS Architects.
Construction bidding opportunities and updates are available at the Orange County Public Schools website.