BBX Capital Real Estate has revealed its plans for final phases of PGA Station, renamed from the PGA Professional & Design Center in Palm Beach Gardens, with an emphasis on public transit and walkability.
BBX president Seth Wise said the project is designed to accommodate a Tri-Rail station on the neighboring railway. The passenger line plans to extend service to Jupiter in a few years. This could potentially link this site to public transit stops from West Palm Beach down to Miami.
“What we are looking to do with this project is create a village environment with lots of streetscapes, trees and a pedestrian environment,” Wise was quoted as saying in the South Florida Business Journal.
The first part of BBX’s plan would include a five-storey, 111-room hotel, a four-storey, a 60,000 sq. ft. office building, and a 9,100 sq. ft. medical office building. Wise said BBX already has a buyer for the proposed hotel.
After that, BBX would build two office buildings, each four-storeys and 64,000 sq. ft. near the proposed Tri-Rail station. In between those buildings would be a five-level, 649-space parking garage that would serve both the office buildings and Tri-Rail. There could also be retail in the ground floor of the office buildings for the transit riders.
“We think the market is ripe now for a high-quality mixed-use office park to come to the market and a hotel is fantastic timing,” Wise said.
This is just one of the real estate projects BBX is currently working on. Others include:
- The Bonterra Communities home development in Hialeah in partnership with CC Homes and Altman Cos.
- The Altis at Kendall Square apartments in partnership with Altmas Cos.
- The 30-home Village at Victoria Park in Fort Lauderdale in partnership with New Urban Communities.
- A joint venture investment in an office building and service station at Sunrise Bvd. and Bayview Dr. in Fort Lauderdale.
- 89 townhouses at Centra in Pembroke Pines as part of a joint venture.
- A joint venture to acquire a home development site in Miramar.
- The Gardens on Millenia retail and apartment project in Orlando, also with several partners.